- ›› Using Craft Firepower
- ›› Input Settings
- ›› Config Settings
Craft Firepower is a tool for creating that animation effect of Guns, Canons, Turrets, an object that is thrown or even rainfall. You can link/parent any object to the templateBullet and it will clone itself with every shot fired. You can use two Craft Firepowers with each other to create a gun that fires bullets and shoots out the empty shells with every shoot.
Craft Firepower can be used together with other Craft Director Studio. One example would be to build a jeep with mounted turret. Connect two Craft Firepowers to a Craft DirectInputLink to get the turret that fires bullets and shells. Connect the Craft Firepower's input to the Craft 4-Wheelers Extended's External Force input to create a recoil effect on the Craft 4-Wheeler Extended.
›› Using Craft Firepower
Optimizing the scene
It's wise to optimize the scene before starting to recording the animation. The scene is optimized by decreasing the amount of polygons shown during the recording. This is achieved by hiding objects not crucial to the part of the scene to be animated. Another tip is to use Craft Bounding Poly, which temporary lowers the amount of polygons for selected objects and allows for a smoother recording.
› Back to top
- Create a Craft Firepower.
- Configure the input settings for Craft Firepower.
- Select Firepower in the tool tree list and click on the Input Settings button in the Craft Director Studio window. This will open the Input Settings window for Craft Firepower.
- If you want your Cannon to follow a moving object (for example a tank or a gun boat) start by positioning it where it should be mounted and then link/parent "Firepower_gun" to the moving object. Make sure you place the pivot of the Gun in the middle of the barrel of your high-poly gun.
Place the Firepowers tip with a offset larger than "x". The "x" is the length the hig poly bullet is larger than the Firepower_templateBullet (as shown in the image below).
- Link/Parent the"Firepower_gun" to the high poly cannon.
- Link/Parent the high poly barrel to "Firepower_barrel".
- Align your high poly bullet/shot to "Firepower_templateBullet".
- Link/Parent the high poly bullet/shot to "Firepower_templateBullet"
- (Optional) Link/Parent "Firepower_gravityDirection" to an object you want the bullets to collide with.
- (Optional) Rotate the rotationDirection mesh to change the direction of shots rotation.
- Click "Record" in Craft Director Studio's main window and use the key you bound to "Fire" to fire the bullets/shots.
- Click "Stop" to stop the recording.
- Click the button for "Toggle visibility for all high-poly objects" ('the black wheel' next to Firepower_01 in the tool tree list)
›› Input settings
This button will fire the shots.
Spinners enables the change of parameter values with an input controller in real-time.
› Back to top
›› Config settings
Opening the Configure window
The Configure window is used for changing the parameters of the tools.
- Select Firepower in the Craft Director Studio window.
- Click the Configure button in the toolbar to open the Configure window.
- The Configure window is now open.
Hides the helper objects.
Hide Helpers During Recording
Hides the helpers during recording.
Hides the camera which follows the missile from behind.
Hide Camera During Recording
Hides the camera during recording.
Determines the lifetime of the bullets fired.
Muzzle Velocity (m/s)
The velocity of the bullets.
Rate of fire (rounds/s)
The number of rounds fired per second.
The amount of bullets fired in the same discharge.
Spread Angle (degrees)
The maximum angle the bullets may spread from its default path.
The bullets rotation speed.
Randomize Rotation Speed
How much the rotation speed is randomized. If Randomize Rotation Speed is 1 it gives 0 +/- (Rotation (revolutions/s)).
Randomize Rotation Axis
Randomizes the rotation axis.
Determines how much the bullets will bounch when colliding with an object.
Collision correction value
This setting limits size of the heading correction that can be executed in the space of a second.
Select all bullets
Selects all the bullets in the scene.
The amount of frames for the recoil to its backward max.
The amount of frames for the recoil to its start position.
The value how smooth the recoil is.
› Back to top
Sets how deep the barrel goes into the gun.
Copyright © 2006 Craft Animations & Entertainment. All rights reserved.